- An orientation at the river's edge on safety will take place while your personal gear is loaded to boats. After a few miles of fun roller coaster style rapids a tasty lunch stop on a sandy beach will help you take in the Salmon River Canyons. At about 4pm "river time" camp will be waiting after you have had several miles of river fun. Your tent will be ready and your sleeping pad inflated when you arrive. Splash with the kids, build a real sand castle, play a game or chat with the other adults as the kids are entertained by one of the guides. Enjoy Hors d'oeuvres about an hour before the main dinner course is served.
- Our morning spread will be out at 6:00am that will include coffee, tea, coco and all your favorite fixins, breakfast is served around 8:000am. Pack up your personal gear while the guides make the kitchen disappear into back on the gear boat. Enjoy a leisurely morning at camp, playing with the kids, going fishing or soaking up a book from our river library. At about 9:30am, the boats depart for a day of family fun on the river. Learn about more historical sites, the geography of the river and watch your kids faces as they ride the rapids. Enjoy the wildlife and scenery through the afternoon before camping for the night on one of the largest sandy beaches of any river canyon. A campfire after dinner and an astronomy lesson are the perfect bedtime rituals to create the family time for which this trip is known.
Snow Hole Canyon
- is filled with lofty waves and rapids with names like "Lorna's Lulu, Bunghole, the Gobbler, and Bodacious Bounce. The memories made on this day are filled with rapids that will last for a lifetime. Add to this the Offsprey and Eagles soaring overhead and the rustic cabins of early settlers and you've just realized you have escaped the ordinary and entered the extraordinary only mother nature can bring. At camp you'll see familiar games on the beach like horseshoes, volleyball, boccee ball and frisbee but we also have a few MRO river games your sure to love. Many choose to join a hike up a mountainside for another perspective of the river and canyon. Hors d'oeuvres, dinner, a crackling fire and clean air will fill your senses for a family rafting vacation like no other.
- You may swim a gentle rapid with the kids just before you enter a Canyon where indigo colored igneous rock creates a majestic appearance and large rapids. The pace of the river picks up as it enters the Devil's Slide, Sluice Box and Eye of the Needle rapids.
- The Salmon "River of No Return" you're family has loved joins with the mightier flow of the Snake River at the lower end of colossal Hell's Canyon. Riding on twice the flow, there are some big waves on the Snake River, Oregon and Idaho share the Snake River as a boundary line between the two states. A final big lunch is shared, along with group photos before loading on the jet boat for the ride up Hells Canyon to Pittsburgh landing on the Snake river then a short van shuttle back to Riggins.